Writing Center provides one-on-one tutoring on the AUAF campus for students in English and writing and creates an atmosphere where students feel welcome. The tutor will employ non-directive techniques (Socratic methods) to help writers achieve their own goals and develop writing skills. Tutor helps students to respond to initial assignments, drafts and teaches organizational skills in writing.
Work Day: Saturday – Thursday
Work Hour: 11.00 A.M.– 7.00 P.M.
Location: Room D6
Need: Tutorials are 30 minutes long
- NO tutoring for the papers due on the day of tutoring. Students need to bring in their papers AT LEAST one day in advance.
- Students must bring in their directions or instructions for the assignments.
- Editing is not the purpose of the Writing Center. The main purpose of the Writing Center is to provide guidance for a paper’s overall content, style, structure, grammar, and mechanics.
- The Writing Center also provides assistance in APA and MLA documentation. If seeking tutoring for a research papers, a student must bring at least some of the sources cited in the paper.
- Students can make an appointment Here.
(Note. Appointment will ONLY be booked with AUAF’s email address)
- BE ON TIME! Students are expected to arrive at least 5 minutes early for their schedule appointment.
- Students are not allowed to use the Writing Center’s printer.
- Students are not allowed to hang out and bring any drink or food to the Writing Center.